Business Insurance

Primo plc as a company first came into existence in 1971, although the name was not adopted until 2000. Primo is an amalgam of 9 different businesses, parts of which have been trading for over 50 years. The present management has not changed since 1987.

Club Insurance

We insure a broad range of clubs - from Golf Clubs to Lap Dancing and Nightclubs to Social Clubs. We use a number of different insurance companies because no single insurer is able to provide cover for every type of risk.

We can insure as little as public and employers liability, or provide a comprehensive package of benefits that could include premises, tenants improvements, stock in trade, lighting and dance equipment etc.

Some of the common issues are discussed here:

If your premises are not your own but have improvements paid for by you these need to be covered under your policy because the landlords building insurance policy (which you will be paying for either in full or in part) will only reinstate the landlords property prior to your improvements.

If you do own your premises then they can be covered in the usual way but do not forget to tell us if any part (e.g. a flat over the shop) has been sublet or sold on a long lease to a third party.

Loss of profits is another standard feature and the purpose of this is to replace your income should you be unable to trade because of an insured peril occurring. In plain English, if you have a fire and you are insured for fire damage and as a result you are unable to open for business your insurers will pay you your lost gross profit (income less cost of purchases sold), thus allowing you to maintain your drawings, pay staff and the rent etc.. Remember that you will have to provide proof of your turnover and profits at the time of a claim. Unrecorded sales do not count.

Generally speaking the lower the premium the higher the level of security required by insurers. A burglar alarm fitted by a NACOSS (National Approval Council for Security Systems) installer with central station signalling by BT Redcare is always the preferred choice, even when it is not mandatory.

Make sure that you provide a correct sum insured for high theft risk stock such as spirits and tobacco. You will need to declare a separate sum insured for these because they will affect insurers view of what is adequate security in your case.

However, tell us what security you have and we will endeavour to work with you.

Services Include:
Shops & Retailers
Property Owners
Smaller public / employers liability
Excess public liability
Directors & Officers
Commercial Legal Expenses
Club Insurances